Hi Arend, On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 9:23 PM Arend van Spriel wrote: > > + Martin thank you for CC'ing me! > On 6/18/2018 3:53 PM, mgreger@cinci.rr.com wrote: > > > > ---- Tom Psyborg wrote: > >> Hi > >> > >> Your log only show attemps on ch 2447, Can you try connecting to 5GHz > >> AP? Connect to Hidden Wireless Network option at the bottom of the > >> nm-applet? Running airodump in monitor mode to see if it captures > >> anything? Maybe your laptop's antennas were designed for 2.4G card > >> only but this just dumb guessing... > >> > > > > It won't connect to any 5GHz AP. > > I don't run network manager or Gnome, in fact X11 is not installed on this machine at all. > > I don't think there is such a thing as 2.4GHz vs 5GHz antennas. > > Actually there is. At least there are 2.4G specific antennas and > dual-band antennas. > > In 4.11 there have been a couple eeprom related changes dealing with > endianness of fields in eeprom. Could be those cause a regression for > you. I don't have the exact sha id of those commits, but I added the > author to this thread. I couldn't find the whole thread in a mailing list archive somewhere could the original reporter please send a kernel log (dmesg) and some information about the host system? if the host system uses devicetree (maybe because it's an ARM based system or some PowerMac, etc.) then please keep reading Bas Vermeulen (I added him to this thread *in case* we find out that it's the same issue) reported that a AR9278 card refused to work in his "PowerMac G5" he posted a patch here: [0] back then I asked if he could test and send a modified version of his patch - I included that below (if someone is interested in the cause: whenever there is a devicetree node for the ath9k card then the driver-internal flag AH_NO_EEP_SWAP is set unconditionally. this flag is *NOT* set if there's no devicetree node. if it is set then the driver doesn't try to swap the EEPROM data as this breaks some OpenWrt based devices. however, since all OpenWrt devices set the "qca,no-eeprom" property we can move setting the AH_NO_EEP_SWAP flag into the existing if-block and hopefully solve all issues) Regards Martin [0] https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10241731/