* laptop hangs while connecting to open wifi network
@ 2012-04-23 10:06 Oleksandr Yeremko
From: Oleksandr Yeremko @ 2012-04-23 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless

Dear All,

I have Dell XPS laptop with Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (rev 34).

I use CentOS 6 with 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64 kernel and iwlagn module.

The problem is:
when I try to connect to any open wifi network my laptop hangs
(switching off is needed) and screen looses colors (like it is
switched to 256-colors mode).

Does somebody have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Oleksandr

* Re: laptop hangs while connecting to open wifi network
@ 2012-04-23 14:04 ` Guy, Wey-Yi
From: Guy, Wey-Yi @ 2012-04-23 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleksandr Yeremko; +Cc: linux-wireless

Hi Oleksandr,

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 13:06 +0300, Oleksandr Yeremko wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have Dell XPS laptop with Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (rev 34).
>
> I use CentOS 6 with 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64 kernel and iwlagn module.
>
> The problem is:
> when I try to connect to any open wifi network my laptop hangs
> (switching off is needed) and screen looses colors (like it is
> switched to 256-colors mode).
>
> Does somebody have an idea how to solve this?

Could you provide more information, such as dmesg, lspci, ...
also the configuration on your device, (open/secure, band,
channel, ....)

without more detail information, I am not sure how to help.

Thanks
Wey

* Re: laptop hangs while connecting to open wifi network
@ 2012-05-14 13:20   ` Oleksandr Yeremko
From: Oleksandr Yeremko @ 2012-05-14 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guy, Wey-Yi; +Cc: linux-wireless

Guy,

thank you very much for your letter. Sorry for my long silence.

I solved the problem by moving to Ubuntu 12 with 3.2.0 kernel version.

Actually the problem was not only with wireless but with cardreader,
touchpad and screen brightness also. I think kernel 2.6.x does not
support chipset of Dell XPS notebook fully. And kernel 3.2.0 does
support.

Thank you very much again for your time.

Best regards,
Oleksandr