From: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
To: QEMU Developers <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>
Cc: Eric Auger <eric.auger@redhat.com>
Subject: can QEMU's arm smmu model handle non-PCI devices?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 15:52:00 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi; in real hardware an SMMUv3 might be sat in front of any
DMA-capable device. Putting one in front of a PCI bus is common
but not the only use case. Does QEMU's SMMUv3 model handle that,
or is the implementation currently restricted to only handling DMA
from PCI devices?

I ask because for the Realm Management Extension (aka Confidential
Compute Architecture) we're going to need to put SMMUs in front of
other devices (such as the GIC), so that their DMA is checked against
the RME Granule Protection Tables. So if we don't currently handle
non-PCI devices then that's a bit of extra preliminary work that we'll
want to do :-)

thanks
-- PMM