From: Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org>
To: QEMU Developers <qemu-devel@nongnu.org>
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Key signing party at KVM Forum 2017
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 18:19:47 +0100	[thread overview]

It looks like at least five people whose keys I'd like to sign
are going to be at KVM Forum this year, so it seems worth having
a proper key signing party rather than just me ad-hoc finding
people and checking their ID. I am particularly interested
in signing keys for people who are or expect they might be
sending me pull requests.

How it works: if you want to take part:

 (1) you MUST EMAIL ME your key info, as produced by
"gpg --fingerprint [your-key-ID-here]", by this Friday (Oct 20th)
at the latest. (I will be printing this stuff out and won't have
access to a printer after that. No late submissions please!)

 (2) you will need to BRING WITH YOU:
 a) positive (government-issued) photo ID, eg a passport
 b) a printed out copy of your key info
    (independently of what you send me)
 c) a pen or pencil
 Don't attempt to bring or use a computer!

https://wiki.qemu.org/KeySigningParty
has the details of how this will work; there will be a lot of
chanting of hex digits. It's a bit odd but by following the
process we can get through a big group of people checking
key IDs more quickly.

I plan to do this in the Thursday 17:30 BoF session slot,
unless somebody wants to suggest a better timeslot.

thanks
-- PMM