Yes... I thought the same and so, I made two build directories , one for sysvinit and the other for systemd and the errors I get abosulte no error when I try to *populate_sdk* under sysvinit but I get the following errors when I run the same under systemd. *| The following packages have unmet dependencies:* *| udev-dev : Depends: udev (= 182-r7) but 1:204-r0 is to be installed* *| Recommends: libusb-dev but it is not installable* *| Recommends: module-init-tools-dev but it is not installable* *| Recommends: libkmod-dev but it is not installable* *| E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.* *| DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sdk finished* *| ERROR: Function failed: populate_sdk_image (log file is located at /home/damarla/openYocto/poky/buildSmartCPUsystemd/tmp/work/smartcpu-poky-linux-gnueabi/rootfs-smartcpu-sdk/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.17015) * *ERROR: Task 10 (/home/damarla/openYocto/poky/meta-skidata/recipes-smartcpu/images/ rootfs-smartcpu-sdk.bb, do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'* *NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4961 tasks of which 4960 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.* * * *Summary: 1 task failed:* * /home/damarla/openYocto/poky/meta-skidata/recipes-smartcpu/images/ rootfs-smartcpu-sdk.bb, do_populate_sdk* *Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.* * * * *I don't understand why I dont get an error with sysvinit and get an error here.... On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Burton, Ross wrote: > On 19 June 2013 13:08, DAMARLA Satya Swaroop > wrote: > > I think I had to open the issue as its not closed... Here is more > > clarity.... > > > > The issue is I decided the problem may be with init_manager. I did two > > builds one with sysvinit using traditional Poky distro and other one is > > uisng systemd using new distribution which is different as we need a new > > distribution for using systemd > > > > .. I didno t get any errors when i build using bitbake -c populate_sdk > > rootfs-smartcpu with sysvinit and got build errors using systemd... > > > > Any possible resons what could have caused failure to build the > toolchain? > > It really helps when you tell us what the errors are. > > Note that changing DISTRO_FEATURES in an existing build directory > isn't supported and may well cause problems. > > Ross >