Could you tell me the how to handle the virtualized IPI on Xen ?? 2013/8/12 Jan Beulich > >>> On 11.08.13 at 18:22, J Ahn wrote: > > I am just wondering how to handle the TLB shootdown IPIs in Xen. > > Specifically, the guest will send the TLB shootdown IPI to remote CPUs if > > TLB synchronization between CPUs is required. > > > > In this case, I guess the hypervisor intervention is required because it > > needs to route the interrupt to virtual CPUs of corresponding guest. > > However, Xen seems not to intercept the event because the number of IPIs > > from Xenperf is very low. Is this right? > > > > I checked the number of IPIs is relatively high in guest OS when using > 'cat > > /proc/interrupts'. > > I also checked the system does not invoke the '*invalidate_interrupt*' > > function located in *'arch/x86/smp.c*'. > > > > If there is no need to intervene to deal with that, could anyone explain > > that how to maintain the consistent view of TLBs in the guest hosted by > Xen? > > Otherwise, please let me know the handling TLB shootdown IPI code in Xen. > > I'm getting the impression that you simply mix up physical IPIs (as > used by the hypervisor) and their virtualized counterparts (as used > by HVM guests). > > Jan > >