From: Tim Henigan <tim.henigan@gmail.com>
To: Johannes Sixt <j6t@kdbg.org>
Cc: Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com>,
	git@vger.kernel.org, Ramsay Jones <ramsay@ramsay1.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Apr 2012, #08; Fri, 20)
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:14:32 -0400	[thread overview]

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Johannes Sixt <j6t@kdbg.org> wrote:
> Am 21.04.2012 02:06, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>> * th/difftool-diffall (2012-04-14) 8 commits
>>   - difftool: print list of valid tools with '--tool-help'
>>   - difftool: teach difftool to handle directory diffs
>>   - difftool: eliminate setup_environment function
>>   - difftool: stop appending '.exe' to git
>>   - difftool: remove explicit change of PATH
>>   - difftool: exit(0) when usage is printed
>>   - difftool: add '--no-gui' option
>>   - difftool: parse options using Getopt::Long
>>
>> Rolls the two-directory-diff logic from diffall script (in contrib/) into
>> "git difftool" framework.
>
> This does not pass test 33 (the last one) on Windows:

I now have a working test environment using msysgit on Windows 7
32-bit.  I updated to the tip of 'pu' (on my clone this is commit
5224ba8) and was able to run all 33 tests in t7800 without error.

> +++ git difftool --dir-diff --extcmd ls branch
> Use of uninitialized value in length at d:/Src/mingw-git/git-difftool line 55.
> Use of uninitialized value in length at d:/Src/mingw-git/git-difftool line 55.

The above 2 warnings were fixed in a later version of patch series.

> exiting now at d:/Src/mingw-git/git-difftool line 120.
> usage: git diff [--no-index] <path> <path>
> diff --raw --no-abbrev -z branch: command returned error: 129
>
> ("exiting now" is a debugging "warn" call that I inserted)
>
> I don't know what's going on. One possibility is that an old Git.pm is
> being used, because I haven't 'make install' yet.
>
> I'm not going to look into this, but I can run tests if you tell me what
> to do.

I have run into issues in the past on Linux where testing without
running 'make install' causes trouble, but never had time to track it
down.

Would it be possible for you to update to the latest tip of 'pu' and
then 'make install && (cd t && sh t7800-difftool.sh)'?