* Need help with issuing time based commands
@ 2016-09-07 23:24 subrat dash
From: subrat dash @ 2016-09-07 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fio; +Cc: Jens Axboe

Hello,

I am trying to do this in FIO:

Queued Random 16K block transerfers Write/(read) commands ( 5 min)
Idle for 3 seconds
Queued  32k block transfers Write/(read) commands ( 5 min)
Queued sync command
Idle for 2 Seconds
Queued  128K Write/read commands ( 10 Min)
Idle for a 5 seconds
Queued  1 meg file size Write/(read) commands ( 5 min)
Queued sync command
Idle for 5 seconds
Queued Seq Reads OD ( 10 Min)
Idle for 4 seconds
Queued Seq Reads ID (5 Min)
Idle for 3 seconds
Queued Seq Reads MD ( 5min)
Idle for 3 seconds

Keep repeating until test is stopped.

Can someone tell me how to implement this in FIO? I am fairly new and hence
not sure how to run this. How can we issue time based commands in FIO?

Thanks,
Dash