Here we go! The logs are attached. I turned TearFree to `on` from `auto`, dragged some windows around, and captured them. AFAIK, I haven't made any changes via xrandr, except for toggling the TearFree property. -Dawson Dias On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote: > On 2018-03-15 08:51 AM, Dawson Dias wrote: > > I managed to pinpoint the issue. The stuttering is caused by enabling > > TearFree via xrandr. When on `auto`, there is no stuttering, but when > > enabled by setting it to `on`, there is intense stuttering noticeable > > when dragging windows around, but it's also very noticeable when just > > moving the mouse around on the desktop with no windows open. > > Please share the Xorg log and output of dmesg and > > xrandr --verbose > > captured while the stuttering is occurring. > > > > I use Openbox with Compton for compositing. > > FWIW, with compton you shouldn't need TearFree (unless you use rotation > or other RandR transformations, but in that case it's active with auto > as well). But it's supposed to work without stuttering anyway, obviously. > > > -- > Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://www.amd.com > Libre software enthusiast | Mesa and X developer >