On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Hin-Tak Leung wrote: >> With kernel 3.1.0-rc4 any attempt to connect iPod to USB >> leads to >> kernel oops. I'd say that stacktrace of the oops is pretty >> much random >> and not related to HFS. But I was able to get useful info >> from it when >> I recompiled with CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON=y. In this case I >> don't get >> oops but the following instead: > > There are a few hfsplus related changes to do protection against invalid data like this, but may be there are more. It would be useful to have the output from your > objdump -l -d hfsplus.ko | grep  -A 1000 '' > (the -l gives line numbers against the kernel tree, so would be useful if you run this against the ko there...) Output of this command is in attachment. Pavel