On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Outback Dingo wrote: > > I wrote a blog post specifically for installing 10-CURRENT from a snapshot >> ISO and getting bootstrapped >> from there, to help the Google Summer of Code Student that I am mentoring. >> What specifically do you want to be backported to 9-STABLE? >> > > Yes Ive seen the post, however we have a hard requirement for 9-STABLE for > some development work we are > currently involved in. And I would prefer not to move our current > infrastructure for development to CURRENT. > A major portion of our development environment is based on XEN for testing > and development. > Therefor we realize PVHM is a work in progress, and we have built some > VMs from it, they run exceptionally > well, However our build environments refuse to build 9-STABLE on CURRENT > PVHVM, or 10-CURRENT. > Lastly Im sure theres a ton of users who would like to see this in 9.x or > 9-STABLE > > OK, I misunderstood you since you responded in the thread and quoted some of my post. My blog post has nothing relevant to Xen and PVHM, and is specific to setting up a Google Summer of Code student on a 10-CURRENT environment. The FreeBSD Xen and PVHM developers will need to provide the details about their plans to merge their changes to the 9-STABLE branch..... that's something which I am not familiar with. -- Craig