* How to find the bb file from package name
@ 2014-07-21 15:39 Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-21 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hello All,

Could some one help me to understand how we could find the bb file which
generated particular package (rpm package for eg.)?
(In some cases the name of the package and recipe name differ drastically)

Also is there any way to list packages (rpm) generated by particular recipe
(yocto package) easily. (without looking into the PACKAGES variable).

Best Regards,
Anooj Gopi

* Re: How to find the bb file from package name
@ 2014-07-22  9:07 ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-07-22  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anooj Gopi, yocto

On 21/07/2014 16:39, "Anooj Gopi" <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>

>Could some one help me to understand how we could find the bb file which
>generated particular package (rpm package for eg.)?
>
>(In some cases the name of the package and recipe name differ drastically)
>

>Also is there any way to list packages (rpm) generated by particular
>recipe (yocto package) easily. (without looking into the PACKAGES
>variable).

Hi Anooj,

One of the ways to get this information is Toaster, a web application that
collects data about your builds and presents it in a web interface. More
information here

https://www.yoctoproject.org/documentation/toaster-manual

It's only compatible with Yocto Project 1.6 though.

Cheers

Belén

@ 2014-07-22  9:15 ` Burton, Ross
       [not found]   ` <CALkREYBqgZpGr-wkFX2Qiw0kanTtg0mEGfq2cJ9=KfG4CrBC0A@mail.gmail.com>
From: Burton, Ross @ 2014-07-22  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anooj Gopi; +Cc: yocto

On 21 July 2014 16:39, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could some one help me to understand how we could find the bb file which
> generated particular package (rpm package for eg.)?
> (In some cases the name of the package and recipe name differ drastically)
>
> Also is there any way to list packages (rpm) generated by particular recipe
> (yocto package) easily. (without looking into the PACKAGES variable).

It's probably best if you explain exactly what you want to do.

If you want to work backwards from a RPM to the recipe, then binary
RPMs have a Source RPM metadata field and the srpm is named after the
recipe:

$ rpm -qpi connman-tests-1.24-r0.15.corei7_64.rpm | grep Source
Source RPM  : connman-1.24-r0.15.src.rpm

Ross

* Re: How to find the bb file from package name
@ 2014-07-22 11:27   ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-22 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barros Pena, Belen; +Cc: yocto

Hello Belen,

"Toaster" seems promising. But unfortunately I am currently with Yocto
Project 1.5
Do you see any other possibility in 1.5?

Best Regards,
Anooj

@ 2014-07-22 11:52     ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-22 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross, yocto

Yes I am trying to track down the recipe from the rpm file. In my project
yocto builds the rpm package
"nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" (by
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5) but it is not included in my sdk
sysroot image. So I would like to see how I could include this into my sdk.
For that I am tracing back the recipe which generated the rpm.

I tried as you said:
From the source package name I can see it is from "Source RPM  :
nativesdk-qtbase-5.2.1-r1.src.rpm", which means bb file is
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-qtbase_5.3.1.bb
Now this from the bb file content I can see this file provides multiple
packages, (for eg. nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dbg nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev
nativesdk-qtbase-tools-staticdev nativesdk-qtbase-tool) but I still could
not find where it is configured to generate the package
"nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm".

As Belen in his last mail, the tools like "Toaster" could confirm this (by
listing the packages generated from a bb file), but is there any way I can
do it in Yocto Project 1.5?

Regards,
Anooj

@ 2014-07-22 15:50       ` Bharath Chandra
From: Bharath Chandra @ 2014-07-22 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anooj Gopi; +Cc: yocto

Hi Anooj,

I guess you are looking at a wrong version of the recipe file, you have to
look into version number 5.2.1 and revision r1 as your package name is
suggesting but the link which you have mentioned is for 5.3.1 . Kindly,
have a look into correct version number of recipe file and if you do not
find any package name in the recipe file then you can search in *.inc*
files which are included in that recipe file.
for eg :

require qt5-${PV}.inc

You have to check in qt5-5.2.1.inc file and see if any package is
included with the name which you are searching for.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Chandra Elluru

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I am trying to track down the recipe from the rpm file. In my project
> yocto builds the rpm package
> "nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" (by
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5) but it is not included in my sdk
> sysroot image. So I would like to see how I could include this into my sdk.
> For that I am tracing back the recipe which generated the rpm.
>
> I tried as you said:
> From the source package name I can see it is from "Source RPM  :
> nativesdk-qtbase-5.2.1-r1.src.rpm", which means bb file is
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-qtbase_5.3.1.bb
> Now this from the bb file content I can see this file provides multiple
> packages, (for eg. nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dbg nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev
> nativesdk-qtbase-tools-staticdev nativesdk-qtbase-tool) but I still could
> not find where it is configured to generate the package
> "nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm".
>
> As Belen in his last mail, the tools like "Toaster" could confirm this (by
> listing the packages generated from a bb file), but is there any way I can
> do it in Yocto Project 1.5?
>
> Regards,
> Anooj
>

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton@intel.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 21 July 2014 16:39, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Could some one help me to understand how we could find the bb file which
>> > generated particular package (rpm package for eg.)?
>> > (In some cases the name of the package and recipe name differ
>> drastically)
>> >
>> > Also is there any way to list packages (rpm) generated by particular
>> recipe
>> > (yocto package) easily. (without looking into the PACKAGES variable).
>>
>> It's probably best if you explain exactly what you want to do.
>>
>> If you want to work backwards from a RPM to the recipe, then binary
>> RPMs have a Source RPM metadata field and the srpm is named after the
>> recipe:
>>
>> $ rpm -qpi connman-tests-1.24-r0.15.corei7_64.rpm | grep Source
>> Source RPM  : connman-1.24-r0.15.src.rpm
>>
>> Ross

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Chandra Elluru.
Contact Number:785-979-4875.

* Re: How to find the bb file from package name
@ 2014-07-22 16:19         ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-22 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bharath Chandra; +Cc: yocto

Oh sorry the link I sent was wrong. The correct one is
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/daisy/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-qtbase_5.2.1.bb

Manually searching the bb/inc file did not help until this point.

Now I enabled the build history (INHERIT += "buildhistory"
BUILDHISTORY_FEATURES = "image package sdk") and built the packages once
again. Then searched for the package name as shown below

cd build/buildhistory/packages
grep -nri nativesdk-libqt5core-dev .
./i686-nativesdk-oesdk-linux/nativesdk-qtbase/nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev/latest:3:PKG
= nativesdk-libqt5core-dev

which shows that the yocto package is "nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev", which
is provided by "nativesdk-qtbase_5.2.1.bb".

But I'm still not able to find out where in yocto PKG variable is
configured (which changes this rpm file name from the default one).

@ 2014-07-22 16:26           ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2014-07-22 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anooj Gopi; +Cc: yocto

On 22 July 2014 17:19, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I'm still not able to find out where in yocto PKG variable is configured
> (which changes this rpm file name from the default one).

Packages containing libraries get renamed through debian.bbclass.

I'm not sure why you need to know the recipe name for adding packages
to a SDK though.

Ross

* Re: How to find the bb file from package name
@ 2014-07-22 16:37           ` Bharath Chandra
From: Bharath Chandra @ 2014-07-22 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anooj Gopi; +Cc: yocto

you can find it under .inc file here
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/daisy/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-qtbase.inc

PACKAGES = "${PN}-tools-dbg *${PN}-tools-dev* ${PN}-tools-staticdev ${PN}-tools"

Thanks,

Bharath

--
Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Chandra Elluru.

* Re: How to find the bb file from package name
@ 2014-07-22 17:08             ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-22 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bharath Chandra; +Cc: yocto

Hello Bharath,

This is already known to me. The confusion mainly here was because of the
name of the rpm package. From the recipe expected name was
"nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" but generated
package name is "nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm"
which confused me.

As Mr. Burton mentioned in his last mail, this was done by
"debian.bbclass", which makes our life more difficult. So I feel a tool to
track this relations is really necessary, and I guess yocto has done this
in Yocto 1.6 with "toaster
<https://www.yoctoproject.org/documentation/toaster-manual>" (I still have
to use it and see).

Regards,
Anooj

@ 2014-07-22 17:14             ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-22 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

This package (nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm) is not
installed in my sdk sysroot. So I need to add it to TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK and
see if it gets installed into my sdk sysroot

But it fails with below error:
Error: nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev not found in the base feeds
(i686_nativesdk noarch any all ).

Any idea what is the problem here?

@ 2014-07-22 17:43               ` Anooj Gopi
From: Anooj Gopi @ 2014-07-22 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Burton, Ross; +Cc: yocto

I would like to generalize my last question

A yocto PACKAGE, <yocto package> generates an rpm package, <rpm package>
with are different names due to an inherited class setting "PKG
<http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-PKG>"
variable.

When I try to add such a package to "TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK", it throws
following error during populate_sdk

Error: <yocto package name> not found in the base feeds (i686_nativesdk
noarch any all ).

Does anybody have a clue how to fix this?

@ 2014-07-23 10:45               ` Barros Pena, Belen
From: Barros Pena, Belen @ 2014-07-23 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anooj Gopi; +Cc: yocto

On 22/07/2014 18:08, "Anooj Gopi" <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Bharath,
>
>This is already known to me. The confusion mainly here was because of the
>name of the rpm package. From the recipe expected name was
>"nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" but generated
>package name is "nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm"
> which confused me.
>

>As Mr. Burton mentioned in his last mail, this was done by
>"debian.bbclass", which makes our life more difficult. So I feel a tool
>to track this relations is really necessary, and I guess yocto has done
>this in Yocto 1.6 with "toaster
><https://www.yoctoproject.org/documentation/toaster-manual>"
> (I still have to use it and see).

Yes, Toaster tells you about the name change.

>Regards,
>Anooj
>

>On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Bharath Chandra
><ellurubharath29@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi,
>

>you can find it under .inc file here
>https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/daisy/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-q
>tbase.inc
>PACKAGES = "${PN}-tools-dbg ${PN}-tools-dev ${PN}-tools-staticdev
>${PN}-tools"
>
>Thanks,
>Bharath
>

>On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Anooj Gopi
><anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>Oh sorry the link I sent was wrong. The correct one is
>https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/daisy/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-q
>tbase_5.2.1.bb
><https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/daisy/recipes-qt/qt5/nativesdk-
>qtbase_5.2.1.bb>
>

>Manually searching the bb/inc file did not help until this point.
>

>Now I enabled the build history (INHERIT += "buildhistory"
>BUILDHISTORY_FEATURES = "image package sdk") and built the packages once
>again. Then searched for the package name as shown below
>
>cd build/buildhistory/packages
>grep -nri nativesdk-libqt5core-dev .
>./i686-nativesdk-oesdk-linux/nativesdk-qtbase/nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev/l
>atest:3:PKG = nativesdk-libqt5core-dev
>

>which shows that the yocto package is "nativesdk-qtbase-tools-dev", which
>is provided by "nativesdk-qtbase_5.2.1.bb
><http://nativesdk-qtbase_5.2.1.bb>".
>

>But I'm still not able to find out where in yocto PKG variable is
>configured (which changes this rpm file name from the default one).
>

>On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Bharath Chandra
><ellurubharath29@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Anooj,
>
>I guess you are looking at a wrong version of the recipe file, you have
>to look into version number 5.2.1 and revision r1 as your package name is
>suggesting but the link which you have mentioned is for 5.3.1 . Kindly,
>have a look into correct version number
> of recipe file and if you do not find any package name in the recipe
>file then you can search in
>.inc files which are included in that recipe file.
>
>for eg :
>require qt5-${PV}.inc
>
>You have to check in qt5-5.2.1.inc file and see if any package is
>included with the name which you are searching for.
>
>Thanks & Regards,
>Bharath Chandra Elluru
>

>On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>Yes I am trying to track down the recipe from the rpm file. In my project
>yocto builds the rpm package
>"nativesdk-libqt5core-dev-5.2.1-r1.i686_nativesdk.rpm" (by
>https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5) but it is not included in my sdk
>sysroot image. So I would like to see how I could include this into my
>sdk. For that I am tracing back the recipe which
> generated the rpm.

From the source package name I can see it is from "Source RPM  :