On Tue, Dec 6, 2022 at 12:42 PM Simon Marchi wrote: > Here's a revised list for GDB, I added some user-facing / functional > requirements I would think of. It's probably still lacking some of the > implementation details that you are looking for, but I probably don't > know them, and it's hard to know what you don't know. > > * Git Repository > * Need push access > * Ability for project maintainers to request push access for new > contributors (or to do it themselves) > * Ability for users to create user-branches (e.g. users/simark/foo), > which will be ignored by the notification-sending script. > > * git hooks > * Need to be able to manage git hooks ( > https://github.com/AdaCore/git-hooks) on > the server (right now, ssh to sourceware.org) > * binutils-gdb.git/hooks-bin/commit-extra-checker.py > > Verifies that we do not have this issue: > > # With commits created using "git am" of patches sent via the gdb@ > or > # gdb-patches@ mailing list, it's possible that the author > information > # gets changed into "xxx via xxx@sourceware.org". Catch and > reject those, > # so the person doing the push can fix this before the push is > allowed. > > * /sourceware/infra/bin/email-to-bugzilla > > Sends a copy of commit messages to bugzilla if commit > has a PR number in it. > > * binutils-gdb.git/hooks-bin/post-receive > > Calls the irker (IRC notification of new commits) > > * Something sends emails about commits to the gdb-cvs mailing list > > * Web-based navigation of the Git repository > * Need to be able to browse the git repository online > * https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git > * If it exists, a more featureful git web frontends would be nice, one > that allows searching files by name for instance. > > * email-to-bugzilla script > * The goal is that when a commit is pushed to the git repository, we > check for any mention of a Bugzilla bugs, and post a message to those > bugs > * It accesses the Bugzilla database directly to check if a given bug > number exists (could easily be changed to use some HTTP request) > * It posts to bugzilla by sending an email to a local email account > > * mailing lists > * Those I know for sure are used / useful: > * gdb@ > * gdb-announce@ > * gdb-cvs@ (now misnaed, but can be used to follow commits to the > repo) > * gdb-patches@ > * gdb-prs@ > * gdb-testers@ > * Not sure about these: > * gdbadmin@: seems useful for whoever is responsible for snapshot > generation or other GDB-related automated task. It seems a bit > spammy to send an email every day when the task succeeds. > > The daily commits in binutils-gdb that bump the date are made using > this email address as the From, not sure if it matters > * Pretty sure we can ignore these: > * gdb-testresults@ > * gdb-patches-prs@: > * gdb-webpages-cvs@ > > * We also have a "global maintainers" list hosted at AdaCore. It could > make sense to move it to the main infrastructure. Maybe Joel knows if > there's a reason it's separate. > > * Mailing list web interface > * The original one, which I find not so useful now that we have > public-inbox: https://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb-patches/ > * However, old links need to keep working > * public-inbox or something equivalent is necessary: > * have a way to browse easily message threads that span multiple > months / years > * have a way to download raw messages, to apply patches locally > > * daily snapshot generation > * We have a script that generates daily tarballs (I don't know where > or how) > > * daily bump > * We have a script that does a daily commit in the binutils-gdb repo > to update a date (I don't know where or how) > > * Website > * Handwritten pages (in a CVS (!) repository) > * scripts generating website contents (doc, ARI, etc) > * SSH access to the machine hosting the website is used, as the scripts > above generating website contents are run by the release manager, after > having ssh'ed onto sourceware.org. > > * Wiki > * Currently, anyone with write access can give someone else write access. > * At the very least, we need a way for project maintainers to request > write access for a new member, or do it themselves > > * bug tracker (bugzilla) > * Sends notifications of new bugs and comments to gdb-prs > * Sends notifications of comments on a big to users who are watching > that bug > * Accepts replies by email, both from users and from the > email-to-bugzilla script. > > * Release hosting > * Releases, the release manager must be able to upload there > * ftp://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/releases/ > * http://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/releases/ > * Snapshots, the daily script needs to be able to upload there > * https://sourceware.org/pub/gdb/snapshots/ > > * patchwork (https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/gdb/list/) > * It receives emails from the gdb-patches mailing list > * This instance doesn't get much use at the moment, because it gets > filled so quickly and is impossible to keep up to date. > Thanks for the additional detail! Thanks, David