From: Wyllys Ingersoll <wyllys.ingersoll@keepertech.com>
To: Rajib Hossen <rajib.hossen.ipvision@gmail.com>,
	Ceph Development <ceph-devel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: ceph-disk and /dev/dm-* permissions - race condition?
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 08:36:22 -0400	[thread overview]

Thats an interesting workaround, I may end up using it if all else fails.

I watch the permissions on /dev/dm-* devices during the boot
processes, they start out correctly as "ceph:ceph", but at the end of
the ceph disk preparation, a "ceph-disk trigger" is executed which
seems to cause the permissions to get reset back to "root:disk".  This
leaves the ceph-osd processes that are running able to continue, but
if they have to restart for any reason, they will fail to restart.

It could be a problem with the udev rules for the encrypted data and
journal partitions.  Debugging udev is a nightmare.  Im hoping someone
else has already solved this one.