Yeah you can use the PRF properties to build a DRBG, but that may not be optimal in terms of performance. On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 at 18:08, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Jeffrey Walton > wrote: > > It may be prudent to include the endian reversal in the test to ensure > > big endian machines produce expected results. Some closely related > > testing on an old Apple PowerMac G5 revealed that result needed to be > > reversed before returning it to a caller. > > The function [1] returns a u64. Originally I had it returning a > __le64, but that was considered unnecessary by many prior reviewers on > the list. It returns an integer. If you want uniform bytes out of it, > then use the endian conversion function, the same as you would do with > any other type of integer. > > Additionally, this function is *not* meant for af_alg or any of the > crypto/* code. It's very unlikely to find a use there. > > > > Forgive my ignorance... I did not find reading on using the primitive > > in a PRNG. Does anyone know what Aumasson or Bernstein have to say? > > Aumasson's site does not seem to discuss the use case: > > He's on this thread so I suppose he can speak up for himself. But in > my conversations with him, the primary take-away was, "seems okay to > me!". But please -- JP - correct me if I've misinterpreted. >