On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Christian König < ckoenig.leichtzumerken-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote: > Am 21.02.2018 um 10:06 schrieb Michel Dänzer: > >> On 2018-02-21 09:49 AM, Bas Vermeulen wrote: >> >>> Hi, >>> >>> I am unsure if this is the right place to ask, but it seems relevant. >>> >> > Well this list is certainly the right place to ask :) That's what I was hoping for :) > > I am trying to use an AMD E8860 (SI) board connected to an E6500 PowerPC >>> board (T2080RDB from NXP). >>> The T2080RDB does not use a BIOS, and uses u-boot to bootstrap Linux. >>> >>> I have the E8860 connected to a PCIe x4 slot with an adapter. The kernel >>> is a 4.1, with DRM included in the kernel and the radeon as a module. >>> The radeon driver detects the card, notices the BIOS hasn't posted and >>> starts things up. >>> After that, the ring tests get run, and fails on the ring 0 test, >>> disabling acceleration. The graphics card is (or seems to be) working >>> apart from that, the driver starts up and sees the connectors on the >>> board. >>> >>> When I compare dmesg on an x86 machine and the PPC machine, I see that >>> the x86 machine loads a lot more firmware from the kernel (probably the >>> acceleration parts?). >>> >> FWIW, that's probably just a subsequent symptom due to the ring test >> failure. >> > > Could be, but IIRC we load all the firmware first then initialize things > and then do the ring tests when we try to start the rings. > > BTW: What driver are you using? radeon or amdgpu? This is a south-island or sea-island chip, so using radeon. > > My question is, what do I need to do to correctly initialize the E8860 >>> board on my powerpc machine? >>> >> Start by sharing the dmesg output, and maybe also the kernel build >> configuration file. >> > > Maybe also open a bug report to attach the dmesg, see bugs.freedesktop.org > . > Sure. What project does the radeon driver fall under? I couldn't find the right category under Mesa, not sure what to file it under. Bas Vermeulen