Hello, > If you google 'i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide', it documents how to > build Yocto for wayland on i.MX, with something like: > > DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=wandboard source fsl-setup-release.sh > -b build-wayland > > bitbake fsl-image-machine-test > > You would need to port recipes to the build for your target. But, beware > of drivers that are i.MX specific since they use features like the IPU and > digital display interfaces on the i.MX6/8. > Thanks for the answer. I'll try it. > > If your external GPU is perhaps, Nvidia, you will need their recipes, if > available. > My external GPU is amd product and there is a driver in kernel 4.19 gpu/drm/amdgpu. I hope it probes X-server or Wayland itself. > The kernel boot command line options for video output are also very i.MX > specific. > Hmm it seems this is going to be another challenge if I setup X on my board successfully. There is another question I want to ask. Can I also setup something like Gnome or lightdm. I saw some Gnome recipes in yocto source ? Regards.