* Installing X-server or wayland on t1042
@ 2020-01-03 16:13 Yusuf
From: Yusuf @ 2020-01-03 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,

What is the procedure to install X-server or Wayland on T1042D4RDB-64B. I
see IMX BSP's are having these. Can we use similar recipes for
T1042D4RDB-64B. I am trying to have a video output from External GPU (
Connected via PCIe ).

And also what is the procedure to active video output from U-boot for
external GPU's ?

Thanks.

* Re: [meta-freescale] Installing X-server or wayland on t1042
@ 2020-01-03 16:56 ` Clay Montgomery
From: Clay Montgomery @ 2020-01-03 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale, yusufalti1997

Yusuf,

   If you google 'i.MX_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide', it documents how to
build Yocto for wayland on i.MX, with something like:

     DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland MACHINE=wandboard source
fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-wayland

     bitbake fsl-image-machine-test

You would need to port recipes to the build for your target. But, beware
of drivers that are i.MX specific since they use features like the IPU
and digital display interfaces on the i.MX6/8. If your external GPU is
perhaps, Nvidia, you will need their recipes, if available.

The kernel boot command line options for video output are also very i.MX
specific.

Regards, Clay

@ 2020-01-03 19:05   ` Yusuf
From: Yusuf @ 2020-01-03 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)