From: Nick Gilmour <nickeforos@gmail.com>
To: Btrfs BTRFS <linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: IO Error (.snapshots is not a btrfs subvolume)
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 02:26:01 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I have successfully restored a snapshot of root but now when I try to
make a new snapshot I get this error:
IO Error (.snapshots is not a btrfs subvolume).
My snapshots were within @ which I renamed to @_old.
What can I do now? How can I move the snapshots from @_old/ into @ and
be able to make snapshots again?

This is an excerpt of my subvolumes list:

# btrfs subvolume list /
ID 257 gen 175397 top level 5 path @_old
ID 258 gen 175392 top level 5 path @pkg
ID 260 gen 175447 top level 5 path @tmp