From: Richard Hanley <rhanley@google.com>
To: Brad Bishop <bradleyb@fuzziesquirrel.com>
Cc: Patrick Williams <patrick@stwcx.xyz>,
	OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Re: corosync?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:37:20 -0700	[thread overview]

We looked into getting Envoy as a proxy for a distributed BMC network.  The
idea was that Envoy could be used for discoverability and creating long
lived authenticated channels with HTTP/2.  That work got mostly shelved
because it was really hard to get the build system to work on 32-bit arm
(not to mention getting it to work with bitbake).

I'm not too familiar with corosync.  I remember reading a bit about it when
Vishwa mentioned aggregating BMCs a few months ago.  It looks like it
should be relatively easy to build (at least compared to envoy).

Unfortunately we never got a chance to see how much cpu usage is used when
Envoy is run on a Poleg.  In terms of sheer craziness, corosync isn't any
less crazy than what we were thinking about, and I was relatively
optimistic that it could work on current generation hardware.

- Richard