I'll add a +1 in interest for MCTP. Performance would be better if this is moved to the kernel, but I'm a bit curious about any other pros and cons of working in userspace. One of our most immediate use cases for MCTP would be in a UEFI BIOS before a Redfish client can be bootstrapped. Would things be more portable for BIOS vendors if this is done in userspace. I genuinely don't know enough about that area to know which is more flexible. -Richard On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 10:18 AM Vijay Khemka wrote: > This will be much better if implemented in kernel. > > -Vijay > On 1/8/20, 5:55 PM, "Andrew Jeffery" wrote: > > > > On Sat, 21 Dec 2019, at 10:45, Khetan, Sharad wrote: > > Hi Andrew, > > Sorry for late response. > > The plan is to have MCTP in user space. > > > > How are you handling this then? mmap()'ing the BAR from sysfs? > > I plan to get back to implementing in-kernel socket-based MCTP shortly. > Unfortunately it slipped back a little in my priority list late last > year. I'd be > interested in your feedback on the proposal when I get something > written > down. > > Andrew > > >