From: Steve French <smfrench@gmail.com>
To: Ralph Boehme <slow@samba.org>
Cc: samba-technical <samba-technical@lists.samba.org>,
	 "Volker.Lendecke@sernet.de" <Volker.Lendecke@sernet.de>,
	Jeremy Allison <jra@samba.org>,
	 CIFS <linux-cifs@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: query fs info level 0x100
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:13:37 -0500	[thread overview]

On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 12:31 AM Ralph Boehme <slow@samba.org> wrote:

> On 4/29/24 1:27 AM, Steve French wrote:
> > Trying some xfstests to current Samba (master branch, Samba 4.21),
> > they fail because query fs info (level 0x100) is returning
> > STATUS_INVALID_INFO_CLASS) - this works to ksmbd and I thought it used
> > to work to Samba.   I do see the SMB3.1.1 opens with the POSIX open
> > context works - but the query fs info failing causes xfstests to fail.
> >
> > Is that missing rom current mainline Samba?
>
> have you enabled SMB3 UNIX Extensions?
>
> smb3 unix extensions = yes

Yes - it is set to yes in the smb.conf for both the global section and
the per share section

I also see that POSIX extensions in:
1) the server returns posix negotiation context in the SMB3.1.1
negotiate protocol response
2) the server returns the level 100 (FILE_POSIX_INFO) query info responses

But the (current Samba) server fails the level 100 (level 0x64 in hex)
FS_POSIX_INFO with "STATUS_INVALID_ERROR_CLASS"
which causes all xfstests to break since they can't verify the mount
(e.g. with "stat -f").
Nothing related to this on the client has changed, and ksmbd has
always supported this so works fine there.

Steve