From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com>
To: Jeff King <peff@peff.net>
Cc: Git List <git@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: git-compat-util.h:798:13: error: conflicting types for ‘inet_ntop’
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 05:46:53 -0500	[thread overview]

> But having those variables unset is already the default. The root of the
> problem is likely that the autoconf test seems to get the wrong result
> on Solaris (another workaround would be to remove them from
> config.mak.autogen, but that will get obliterated next time you run
> ./configure).

Thanks Jeff.

Below is from configure.ac around line 720
(https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/configure.ac#L722).

I think the test program needs to include <arpa/inet.h>. Then, if the
current -lresolv test fails, configure should use the same program and
check -lsocket -lnls.

How would you like to craft the test? Or how should I craft the test?

# The next few tests will define NEEDS_RESOLV if linking with
# libresolv provides some of the functions we would normally get
# from libc.
NEEDS_RESOLV=
#
# Define NO_INET_NTOP if linking with -lresolv is not enough.
# Solaris 2.7 in particular hos inet_ntop in -lresolv.
NO_INET_NTOP=
AC_CHECK_FUNC([inet_ntop],
[],
[AC_CHECK_LIB([resolv], [inet_ntop],