* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-07 14:42 Adam Ford
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Adam Ford @ 2019-12-07 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I am trying to run the latest master

4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)

What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:

(bunch of stuff deleted)

[PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
[PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
Training PASS
DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
>>SPL: board_init_r()
using memory lx-lx for malloc()
spl_init
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC1
common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
resetting ...

The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.

thank you,

adam

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-07 18:25 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2019-12-07 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 08:42:32AM -0600, Adam Ford wrote:

> I am trying to run the latest master
>
> 4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
> with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
> failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
> bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
> command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)
>
> What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:
>
> (bunch of stuff deleted)
>
> [PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
> [PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
> Training PASS
> DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
> DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> >>SPL: board_init_r()
> using memory lx-lx for malloc()
> spl_init
> Normal Boot
> Trying to boot from MMC1
> common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
> resetting ...
>
> The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
> into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
> dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
> to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.

I think (per the thread about fixing one of the colibri platforms) this
also needs a CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC -> CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX fix in the board
file.

--
Tom
> On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 08:42:32AM -0600, Adam Ford wrote:
>
> > I am trying to run the latest master
> >
> > 4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
> > with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
> > failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
> > bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
> > command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)
> >
> > What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:
> >
> > (bunch of stuff deleted)
> >
> > [PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
> > [PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
> > Training PASS
> > DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
> > DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> > DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> > using memory lx-lx for malloc()
> > spl_init
> > Normal Boot
> > Trying to boot from MMC1
> > common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
> > resetting ...
> >
> > The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
> > into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
> > dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
> > to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.
>
> I think (per the thread about fixing one of the colibri platforms) this
> also needs a CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC -> CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX fix in the board
> file.

I am not seeing a reference to either CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC or
CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX in the imx8mm_evk board files, and it appears as
if the device tree and DM_SPL stuff is managing the drivers.  The
defconfig file is enabling CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX.

It seems like a memory issue based on:
   common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.

adam

> --
> Tom

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-08 15:34     ` Adam Ford
From: Adam Ford @ 2019-12-08 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 6:50 AM Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 12:25 PM Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 07, 2019 at 08:42:32AM -0600, Adam Ford wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to run the latest master
> > >
> > > 4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
> > > with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
> > > failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
> > > bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
> > > command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)
> > >
> > > What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:
> > >
> > > (bunch of stuff deleted)
> > >
> > > [PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
> > > [PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
> > > Training PASS
> > > DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
> > > DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> > > DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> > > using memory lx-lx for malloc()
> > > spl_init
> > > Normal Boot
> > > Trying to boot from MMC1
> > > common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
> > > resetting ...
> > >
> > > The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
> > > into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
> > > dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
> > > to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.
> >
> > I think (per the thread about fixing one of the colibri platforms) this
> > also needs a CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC -> CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX fix in the board
> > file.
>
> I am not seeing a reference to either CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC or
> CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX in the imx8mm_evk board files, and it appears as
> if the device tree and DM_SPL stuff is managing the drivers.  The
> defconfig file is enabling CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX.
>
> It seems like a memory issue based on:
>    common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.

I switched the imx8mm-evk to use CONFIG_SPL_SYS_MALLOC_SIMPLE=y, and
it appears to fix one error, but I get a different one in its place.

For booting from microSD, the proper USDHC controller is located at
30b50000, but it's unclear to me which one it's trying to use:

spl: mmc boot mode: raw
blk_find_device: if_type=6, devnum=1: mmc at 30b50000.blk, 6, 0
blk_find_device: if_type=6, devnum=1: mmc at 30b60000.blk, 6, 1
hdr read sector 300, count=1
mkimage signature not found - ih_magic = 0
blk_find_device: if_type=6, devnum=1: mmc at 30b50000.blk, 6, 0
blk_find_device: if_type=6, devnum=1: mmc at 30b60000.blk, 6, 1
read 400 sectors to 40200000
Jumping to U-Boot
loaded - jumping to U-Boot...
image entry point: 0x40200000

It looks like it might be trying both or falling back to a different MMC device.

The fact that it gets "mkimage signature not found - ih_magic = 0"
indicates to me that maybe it's either reading from the wrong sdhc
controller or the wrong address.

I am still learning how the 'make flash.bin' stuff works, and/or where
the u-boot raw file gets placed since it appears to be all one bundled
image burned to SDHC.

I think I'm making progress, but I think the original statement about
memory an memory issue is interesting to me.  I am not sure why simple
malloc would work, but the standard malloc would fail.

adam

> adam
>

> > --
> > Tom

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-08 16:26       ` Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi
From: Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi @ 2019-12-08 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Adam

follow my answer

On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 4:35 PM Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 8, 2019 at 6:50 AM Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think (per the thread about fixing one of the colibri platforms) this
> > > also needs a CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC -> CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX fix in the board
> > > file.
> >
> > I am not seeing a reference to either CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC or
> > CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX in the imx8mm_evk board files, and it appears as
> > if the device tree and DM_SPL stuff is managing the drivers.  The
> > defconfig file is enabling CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX.
> >
> > It seems like a memory issue based on:
> >    common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.

simple malloc allo on the stack. If you can see form tinker-s I give
0x300000 space to it
just because mmc driver use simple malloc to allocate buffer. You can
easily finish it

CONFIG_SPL_STACK_R=y
CONFIG_SPL_STACK_R_MALLOC_SIMPLE_LEN=0x300000

Reason is max transfer 65000 x blk size

Michael

--
| Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi                     Amarula Solutions BV |
| COO  -  Founder                                      Cruquiuskade 47 |

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-10  1:17 ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-12-10  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Adam,

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to run the latest master
>
> 4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
> with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot
> failure when I follow the instructions in the README, which are also a
> bit wrong.  (the firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware
> command is missing the trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)
>
> What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:
>
> (bunch of stuff deleted)
>
> [PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
> [PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
> Training PASS
> DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
> DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> >>SPL: board_init_r()
> using memory lx-lx for malloc()
> spl_init
> Normal Boot
> Trying to boot from MMC1
> common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
> resetting ...
>
> The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk
> into the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the
> dlmalloc failure at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like
> to try the 8mm-evk with a modern U-Boot.

Same here on a imx8mq-evk:
https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2019-November/391705.html

I haven't had a chance to look at it deeper, but hopefully we can get
this fixed in time for the 2020.01 release.

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-11  1:48 ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2019-12-11  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Subject: i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
>
> I am trying to run the latest master
>
> 4b19b89ca4a866b7baa642533e6dbd67cd832d27
> with the clock patches applied for 8mm, but I am getting a boot failure when I
> follow the instructions in the README, which are also a bit wrong.  (the
> firmware versions don't match, and the ./firmware command is missing the
> trailing '.bin', but it's trivial.)
>
> What comes out of the kit with DEBUG enabled is:
>
> (bunch of stuff deleted)
>
> [PMU Major message = 0x000000fe]
> [PMU Major message = 0x00000007]
> Training PASS
> DDRINFO: ddrphy config done
> DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> >>SPL: board_init_r()
> using memory lx-lx for malloc()
> spl_init
> Normal Boot
> Trying to boot from MMC1
> common/dlmalloc.c:792: do_check_inuse_chunk: Assertion `inuse(p)' failed.
> resetting ...
>
> The above sequence repeats again and again.  I didn't put all the junk into
> the log because it looked like everything seemed OK until the dlmalloc failure
> at the end.  If someone has any suggestions, I'd like to try the 8mm-evk with
> a modern U-Boot.

What you modified? It boots well with Tom's tree.

U-Boot SPL 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 10:03:52 +0800)
DDRINFO: start DRAM init
DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC1

U-Boot SPL 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 10:05:20 +0800)
DDRINFO: start DRAM init
DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC1

U-Boot 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 10:05:20 +0800)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MMQ rev1.0 at 1200 MHz
Reset cause: POR
Model: FSL i.MX8MM EVK board
DRAM:  2 GiB
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   eth0: ethernet at 30be0000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

Thanks,
Peng.

> thank you,
>

> adam

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-11  1:58   ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-12-11  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Peng,

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 10:48 PM Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com> wrote:

> What you modified? It boots well with Tom's tree.

Does imx8mq-evk also boot for you?

I followed the imx8mq-evk README instructions and it does not boot here.

Maybe you are using different ATF/DDR firmware versions?

Does it work if you follow the README steps?

Thanks

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-11  3:05     ` Peng Fan
From: Peng Fan @ 2019-12-11  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

> Subject: Re: i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
>
> Hi Peng,
>
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 10:48 PM Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com> wrote:
>
> > What you modified? It boots well with Tom's tree.
>
> Does imx8mq-evk also boot for you?
>
> I followed the imx8mq-evk README instructions and it does not boot here.
>
> Maybe you are using different ATF/DDR firmware versions?
>
> Does it work if you follow the README steps?

I not download that, just use my local ATF/DDR,
U-Boot SPL 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 11:22:53 +0800)
PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x10
DDRINFO: start DRAM init
DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC2
NOTICE:  Configuring TZASC380
NOTICE:  RDC off
NOTICE:  BL31: v2.0(release):rel_imx_4.14.98_2.3.0_rc1-1-g8138ffe5c-dirty
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 03:17:34, Dec 11 2019
NOTICE:  sip svc init

U-Boot 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 11:22:53 +0800)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MQ rev2.1 at 1000 MHz
Reset cause: POR
Model: NXP i.MX8MQ EVK
DRAM:  3 GiB
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
*** Warning - No block device, using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:
Warning: ethernet at 30be0000 using MAC address from ROM
eth0: ethernet at 30be0000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0

But there is true a mmc env issue here, I am checking.

Thanks,
Peng.

> Thanks

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-11  3:13       ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-12-11  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Peng,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 12:05 AM Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com> wrote:

> > Does it work if you follow the README steps?
>
> I not download that, just use my local ATF/DDR,

Yes, this is what I suspected: the ATF/DDR firmware versions from the
README are not working with mainline U-Boot.

Could you please update the README to point to the correct versions, please?

Otherwise nobody will be able to run U-Boot mainline on i.MX8MM/i.MX8MQ.

Thanks

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-11 12:58         ` Adam Ford
From: Adam Ford @ 2019-12-11 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 9:13 PM Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peng,
>
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 12:05 AM Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com> wrote:
>
> > > Does it work if you follow the README steps?
> >
> > I not download that, just use my local ATF/DDR,
>
> Yes, this is what I suspected: the ATF/DDR firmware versions from the
> README are not working with mainline U-Boot.
>
> Could you please update the README to point to the correct versions, please?

For what it's worth, I went to use the firmware from 7.9 as stated in
part of the readme (since the README states both 8.0 and 7.9), and I
used the ATF from 4.19.35_1.1.0, and it booted once I commented out
the sdhc2 cd-gpio lines.

It seems like 8.0 doesn't work quite right.

I am not sure why the GPIO for card detect isn't working for me.  I
get an error -123 (ENOMEDIUM).  I tried enabling SPL_DM_GPIO without
any success, so i just disabled the cd pin, and it boots now.

adam

> Otherwise nobody will be able to run U-Boot mainline on i.MX8MM/i.MX8MQ.
>
> Thanks

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-11 13:46           ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-12-11 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Adam,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 9:58 AM Adam Ford <aford173@gmail.com> wrote:

> For what it's worth, I went to use the firmware from 7.9 as stated in
> part of the readme (since the README states both 8.0 and 7.9), and I
> used the ATF from 4.19.35_1.1.0, and it booted once I commented out
> the sdhc2 cd-gpio lines.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can boot imx8mq-evk if I use the
imx_4.19.35_1.0.0 ATF branch.

I will send a patch updating the imx8mq-evk README.

Thanks

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-12 21:19       ` Ricardo Salveti
From: Ricardo Salveti @ 2019-12-12 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 12:05 AM Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com> wrote:

> > Subject: Re: i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
> >
> > Hi Peng,
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 10:48 PM Peng Fan <peng.fan@nxp.com> wrote:
> >
> > > What you modified? It boots well with Tom's tree.
> >
> > Does imx8mq-evk also boot for you?
> >
> > I followed the imx8mq-evk README instructions and it does not boot here.
> >
> > Maybe you are using different ATF/DDR firmware versions?
> >
> > Does it work if you follow the README steps?
>
> I not download that, just use my local ATF/DDR,
> U-Boot SPL 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 11:22:53 +0800)
> PMIC:  PFUZE100 ID=0x10
> DDRINFO: start DRAM init
> DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> Normal Boot
> Trying to boot from MMC2
> NOTICE:  Configuring TZASC380
> NOTICE:  RDC off
> NOTICE:  BL31: v2.0(release):rel_imx_4.14.98_2.3.0_rc1-1-g8138ffe5c-dirty
> NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 03:17:34, Dec 11 2019
> NOTICE:  sip svc init
>

> U-Boot 2020.01-rc4-00208-g520f955902 (Dec 11 2019 - 11:22:53 +0800)
>
> CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MQ rev2.1 at 1000 MHz
> Reset cause: POR
> Model: NXP i.MX8MQ EVK
> DRAM:  3 GiB
> MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
> *** Warning - No block device, using default environment
>
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> Net:
> Warning: ethernet at 30be0000 using MAC address from ROM
> eth0: ethernet at 30be0000
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
>
> But there is true a mmc env issue here, I am checking.

Can you also confirm if mmc is working correctly on imx8mm evk?

I currently building with atf imx_4.19.35_1.1.0 and firmware-imx 8.5
(tried multiple versions, no difference) and I'm unable to get u-boot
to find the mmc device. The funny thing is that SPL itself seems to be
fine, the problem is really just u-boot:

U-Boot SPL 2020.01-rc4-00245-g7ab49b8c8a (Dec 12 2019 - 18:15:31 -0300)
DDRINFO: start DRAM init
DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
Normal Boot
Trying to boot from MMC1
NOTICE:  Configuring TZASC380
NOTICE:  RDC off
NOTICE:  BL31: v2.0(release):rel_imx_4.19.35_1.1.0-0-g70fa7bcc1-dirty
NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 18:09:39, Dec 12 2019
NOTICE:  sip svc init

U-Boot 2020.01-rc4-00245-g7ab49b8c8a (Dec 12 2019 - 18:15:31 -0300)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MMQ rev1.0 at 1200 MHz
Reset cause: POR
Model: FSL i.MX8MM EVK board
DRAM:  2 GiB
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:
Warning: ethernet at 30be0000 using MAC address from ROM
eth0: ethernet at 30be0000
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
MMC Device 0 not found
no mmc device at slot 0
MMC Device 0 not found
no mmc device at slot 0

Will investigate more tomorrow, but reporting as you might know where
the problem is.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-13  9:44         ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-12-13  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Ricardo,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:20 PM Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti@rsalveti.net> wrote:

> Can you also confirm if mmc is working correctly on imx8mm evk?

I don't have access to a imx8mm_evk at the moment, but does the change
below help?

--- a/configs/imx8mm_evk_defconfig
+++ b/configs/imx8mm_evk_defconfig
@@ -66,7 +66,7 @@ CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MXC_I2C2=y
 CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MXC_I2C3=y
 CONFIG_DM_MMC=y
 CONFIG_SUPPORT_EMMC_BOOT=y
-CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX=y
+CONFIG_FSL_USDHC=y
 CONFIG_PHYLIB=y
 CONFIG_PHY_ATHEROS=y
 CONFIG_DM_ETH=y

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-13 11:22           ` Ricardo Salveti
From: Ricardo Salveti @ 2019-12-13 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Fabio,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 6:44 AM Fabio Estevam <festevam@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:20 PM Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti@rsalveti.net> wrote:
>
> > Can you also confirm if mmc is working correctly on imx8mm evk?
>
> I don't have access to a imx8mm_evk at the moment, but does the change
> below help?
>
> --- a/configs/imx8mm_evk_defconfig
> +++ b/configs/imx8mm_evk_defconfig
> @@ -66,7 +66,7 @@ CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MXC_I2C2=y
>  CONFIG_SYS_I2C_MXC_I2C3=y
>  CONFIG_DM_MMC=y
>  CONFIG_SUPPORT_EMMC_BOOT=y
> -CONFIG_FSL_ESDHC_IMX=y
> +CONFIG_FSL_USDHC=y
>  CONFIG_PHYLIB=y
>  CONFIG_PHY_ATHEROS=y
>  CONFIG_DM_ETH=y

That ends up producing a bunch of build warnings, saying it now being redefined.

Will investigate a bit more and also try a few different sdcards I got.

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo

* i.MX8MM-EVK Boot failure
@ 2019-12-16 19:20         ` Fabio Estevam
From: Fabio Estevam @ 2019-12-16 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Ricardo,

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 6:20 PM Ricardo Salveti <rsalveti@rsalveti.net> wrote:

> Can you also confirm if mmc is working correctly on imx8mm evk?
>
> I currently building with atf imx_4.19.35_1.1.0 and firmware-imx 8.5
> (tried multiple versions, no difference) and I'm unable to get u-boot
> to find the mmc device. The funny thing is that SPL itself seems to be
> fine, the problem is really just u-boot:
>
> U-Boot SPL 2020.01-rc4-00245-g7ab49b8c8a (Dec 12 2019 - 18:15:31 -0300)
> DDRINFO: start DRAM init
> DDRINFO:ddrphy calibration done
> DDRINFO: ddrmix config done
> Normal Boot
> Trying to boot from MMC1
> NOTICE:  Configuring TZASC380
> NOTICE:  RDC off
> NOTICE:  BL31: v2.0(release):rel_imx_4.19.35_1.1.0-0-g70fa7bcc1-dirty
> NOTICE:  BL31: Built : 18:09:39, Dec 12 2019
> NOTICE:  sip svc init
>
> U-Boot 2020.01-rc4-00245-g7ab49b8c8a (Dec 12 2019 - 18:15:31 -0300)
>
> CPU:   Freescale i.MX8MMQ rev1.0 at 1200 MHz
> Reset cause: POR
> Model: FSL i.MX8MM EVK board
> DRAM:  2 GiB
> MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 1, FSL_SDHC: 2
>
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> Net:
> Warning: ethernet at 30be0000 using MAC address from ROM
> eth0: ethernet at 30be0000
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> MMC Device 0 not found
> no mmc device at slot 0
> MMC Device 0 not found
> no mmc device at slot 0

Yes, I noticed that as well. We need to use mmcdev=1

I have sent a patch that fixes it.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam