On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 11:11, Alejandro Enedino Hernandez Samaniego < alejandro@enedino.org> wrote: > > On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 11:03, Alexander Kanavin > wrote: > >> On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 19:01, Alexander Kanavin via >> lists.openembedded.org >> wrote: >> > Ok, I think what we should do first is to actually drop the version >> > from all of the .bb file names, and set it once, inside some .inc, and >> > probably next to SRC_URI and tarball checksum. Then this should allow >> > a convenient scheme for including and overriding things. >> > >> > rust_1.65.0.bb - > rust.bb, and so on. >> >> Oh, and upstream version checks must be kept functional. It needs to >> both correctly report a newer version, and match the recipe version >> with upstream if it is already the latest. >> >> Alex >> > > How should I test that upstream checks are still functional? > > > Actually how would this make it any simpler?, if we remove PV from the filenames, the correct place to put the variable is in rust-source.inc since all others include it (rust-cross-canadian, rust, rust-llvm), if like I said, rust-source.inc gets included from somewhere else, wouldnt that override PV for the other recipe as well? beating the whole purpose of the change, this, or creating a new .inc file just for this seems too convoluted IMO. If changing RUST_VERSION is too problematic on every upgrade I think approach #2 its a lot simpler just specifying RUST_VERSION on other recipes since it would be very seldom used and it wont conflict with upgrades Alejandro