Thankyou for your comments and guidance. Currently i am trying to first move from krogoth version of yocto to rocko version first that will suffice our requirements but i need to understand whether any major difference is there in gcc 4.9.3 vs gcc 6.4. As krogoth is usin gcc 4.9.3 /5.3 recipe but rocko is using 6.4/7.x as recipe for gcc source compilation. Please guide. Regards, Rohit Jindal On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 6:16 PM Robert Berger@yocto.user < robert.berger.yocto.user@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > My comments are in-line > > On 25/01/2021 10:07, amaya jindal wrote: > > Hi All, > > > > We are planning to move to New yocto from current one that is krogoth > > yocto to some updated one. > > I would consider it "best practice" to somewhat try to stay up to date > with recent yocto versions and plan for this from the beginning of your > project. > > What I mean is to have a "stable release" and a "next release" which is > being used in your nightly builds and tests. > > This will make it significantly easier to make version upgrades. > > > We are not thinking to move to gates-garth or > > some other major release but the releases than can have easily support > > for arm. > > I am not sure what you mean by that? > > Which versions make it easier/more difficult to support arm? > > It's more a question of which chip/kernel/boot loader,... > > > > > Please support and help. > > > > Points need to take care to port to new yocto version. > > Ssince you use a completely outdated and end of life version[1] it might > require quite some effort to update, but through pain we learn ;) > > [1] https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases > > Which chip do you use? > > Is it supported by an upstream kernel/boot loader? > > Which (additional) layers do you use? > > Are these layers supported by the same version as the Yocto version you > want to move to? > > How about your own recipes? > > Are they compatible with upstream yocto? > > > > > Regards, > > Rohit > > Regards, > > Robert > > > > > > > > > > >