On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 1:19 PM Takashi Iwai wrote: > > On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 09:02:44 +0200, > Muni Sekhar wrote: > > > > Hi all, > > > > I am using a USB sound card(snd-usb-audio), and it fails while doing > > the audio recording "arecord: pcm_read:2032: read error: Input/output > > error". > > > > I noticed recording(arecord) audio data on a USB sound card fails at > > SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_READI_FRAMES is giving EIO. > > > > Can someone please clarify when the kernel returns EIO for Ioctl > > SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_READI_FRAMES? and is there a workaround for this? > > It's a problem of either your device (e.g. USB device firmware) or the > kernel. Do you get any relevant kernel error messages? dmesg log does not indicate any such error messages when arecord fails. Is there a way to prove it as a USB device firmware issue or kernel issue? Please find the alsamixer output in the attached file alsamixer_output.png file. > > > Takashi -- Thanks, Sekhar