On 10 November 2015 at 15:25, Alexander Kanavin < alexander.kanavin@linux.intel.com> wrote: > On 11/10/2015 03:13 PM, Jussi Kukkonen wrote: > >> Are the pygtk changes directly related to the introspection changes? If >> not then maybe they should happen in another patch set. >> > > They are; pygtk requires an old (2.x) non-introspection based version of > pygobject, and the introspection patchset updates pygobject to latest 3.x > release which is a much thinner layer on top of libgirepository and is > incompatible with pygtk. > Oh I see that now: It's patch 23 in the series for anyone else looking. I think this should be pointed out more visibly: the patchset essentially removes gtk2 python support, a feature we've had so far. Maintaining python-gobject-2 and python-gtk-2 should be possible alongside the GI-based versions, but A) it only makes sense if there's real demand and B) it obviously doesn't have to happen in oe-core. Jussi