15:32 Pon, 30.03.2020. Peter Maydell је написао/ла: > > Consensus in the thread seemed to lean towards having > the 'configure/make' runes auto-create a build directory; > if we want to do that we should probably not say anything in > the release notes, because we'll cause people to change > unnecessarily. Or at least have them say "We recommend > out-of-tree builds. In future we might make the commands > that currently do an in-tree build automatically create > and use a build directory for you." rather than a blanket > "we're going to drop this and you should change what you > do now". > My vote is for the former, rather than for the latter. I fact, if I may suggest, I would use some longer and stronger wording, just for the simple reason that the warning is less likely to be ignored (as Zoltan, I think rightfully, noted to potentially be quite frequent case in reality): "We strongly recommend out-of-tree builds. In future we might make the commands that currently do an in-tree build automatically create and use a separate build directory for you. Still, our recommentation is that you change all your build procedures to use only out-of-tree builds as soon as it is possible for you." Regards, Aleksandar > Thoughts? > > thanks > -- PMM >