From: Khurram Hassan <kfhassan@gmail.com>
To: Linux RAID <linux-raid@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Rocketraid 640 raid 5 disabled
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:55:14 +0500	[thread overview]

I never said its a "hardware RAID card problem". I am talking about a
degraded raid 5 array in which 2 disks out of a total of 3 disks have
been marked offline even though all 3 disks are listed in the card's
gui. There is nothing wrong with the raid card itself.

I would like to use mdadm to re-write the array's metadata so that the
disks are accessible again. I have done it previously also but with an
intel array and loads of help from Neil Brown. I am hoping he can work
his magic again :)