From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com>
Cc: Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org>,
	linux-scsi <linux-scsi@vger.kernel.org>,
	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] final round of SCSI updates for the 5.19+ merge window
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 13:47:47 -0700	[thread overview]

On Sat, Aug 13, 2022 at 5:55 AM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com> wrote:

> [my key just expired so you'll need to do the dane update thing I
> showed you]

Oh, I don't care about expired keys at all. As long as you keep using
the *same* key, I'm happy, and gpg saying "Note: This key has
expired!" is something I'll happily ignore.

None of the technical rules of pgp keys make any sense at all. The
"sufficient trust" computations are completely pointless garbage with
the whole "marginal" vs "complete trust". It's all just crazy talk.

The expiry times likewise. I will completely ignore those.

I will check the signatures of a key as I import them. Because anybody
who thinks that "trust" is about automation is probably not human, or
so far on the spectrum that they don't understand humans.

              Linus