On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:51 PM Linus Torvalds wrote: > > I think it's this instruction: > > addi r1,r1,16 > > that should be removed from the function exit, because Al removed the > > - stwu r1,-16(r1) > > on function entry. > > So I think you end up with a corrupt stack pointer and basically > random behavior. > > Mind trying that? (This is obviously all in > arch/powerpc/lib/checksum_32.S, the csum_partial_copy_generic() > function). Patch attached to make it easier to test. NOTE! This is ENTIRELY untested. My ppc asm is so rusty that I might be barking entirely up the wrong tree, and I just made things much worse. Linus