From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>
To: Borislav Petkov <bp@suse.de>, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com>,
	Sean Christopherson <seanjc@google.com>,
	Vitaly Kuznetsov <vkuznets@redhat.com>,
	Wanpeng Li <wanpengli@tencent.com>,
	Jim Mattson <jmattson@google.com>, Joerg Roedel <joro@8bytes.org>,
	"Peter Zijlstra (Intel)" <peterz@infradead.org>,
	Josh Poimboeuf <jpoimboe@redhat.com>,
	Nathan Chancellor <nathan@kernel.org>
Cc: x86-ml <x86@kernel.org>, lkml <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>,
	KVM list <kvm@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] objtool/urgent for v5.15-rc4
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 12:10:38 -0700	[thread overview]

Replying to myself just to add more proper people to the cc.

I'm also wondering how I could possibly be the only person who saw the warning.

I don't think I am, and I think that people who signed off on commit
24ff65257375 ("objtool: Teach get_alt_entry() about more relocation
types") and claimed to have "tested" it, clearly didn't actually do
so.

PeterZ/Josh/Nathan: see the thread at

   https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/CAHk-=wiZwq-0LknKhXN4M+T8jbxn_2i9mcKpO+OaBSSq_Eh7tg@mail.gmail.com/

if you need more context, but I suspect you can figure it out just
from this email too.

              Linus