From: "Nándor Krácser" <bonifaido@gmail.com>
To: Miguel Ojeda <miguel.ojeda.sandonis@gmail.com>
Cc: Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor@gmail.com>,
	rust-for-linux <rust-for-linux@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Using 3rd party crates in an out-of-tree module
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 10:40:33 +0100	[thread overview]

Currently I'm experimenting with different crates which I would like
to use in my module, serialization libraries, math libraries. etc,
even complex ones, are really hard to pull in as a direct source
library (copy the code to the module), and if they have a transitive
dependency that complicates things even more.

I totally agree, that submitting something to the mainline with
libraries linked out there in the "wild" makes them hard to merge,
however a kernel crate sounds really good and is a bit more native to
rust.

Regards,
Nandor

--