* linux-next: manual merge of the generic-ioremap tree with the drivers-x86 tree
@ 2020-01-10  5:52 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-01-10  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig, Darren Hart, Andy Shevchenko

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the generic-ioremap tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/platform/x86/intel_telemetry_pltdrv.c

between commit:

  ebc28a8e59ca ("platform/x86: intel_telemetry_pltdrv: use devm_platform_ioremap_resource()")

from the drivers-x86 tree and commit:

  4bdc0d676a64 ("remove ioremap_nocache and devm_ioremap_nocache")

from the generic-ioremap tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed th referneved to ioremap_nocache so
I just used that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the generic-ioremap tree with the drivers-x86 tree
@ 2020-01-10 10:22 ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2020-01-10 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Kernel Mailing List

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 7:52 AM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the generic-ioremap tree got a conflict in:
>
>   drivers/platform/x86/intel_telemetry_pltdrv.c
>
> between commit:
>
>   ebc28a8e59ca ("platform/x86: intel_telemetry_pltdrv: use devm_platform_ioremap_resource()")
>
> from the drivers-x86 tree and commit:
>
>   4bdc0d676a64 ("remove ioremap_nocache and devm_ioremap_nocache")
>
> from the generic-ioremap tree.
>
> I fixed it up (the former removed th referneved to ioremap_nocache so
> I just used that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
> as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
> be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
> merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
> of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

Thanks, Stephen!
The conflict resolution looks correct to me.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

* Re: linux-next: manual merge of the generic-ioremap tree with the drivers-x86 tree
@ 2020-01-27 22:56 ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-01-27 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Hart, Andy Shevchenko

Hi all,

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 16:52:33 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the generic-ioremap tree got a conflict in:
>
>   drivers/platform/x86/intel_telemetry_pltdrv.c
>
> between commit:
>
>   ebc28a8e59ca ("platform/x86: intel_telemetry_pltdrv: use devm_platform_ioremap_resource()")
>
> from the drivers-x86 tree and commit:
>
>   4bdc0d676a64 ("remove ioremap_nocache and devm_ioremap_nocache")
>
> from the generic-ioremap tree.
>
> I fixed it up (the former removed th referneved to ioremap_nocache so
> I just used that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
> as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
> be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
> merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
> of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

This is now a conflict between the driver-x86 tree and Linus' tree.

--

@ 2020-01-28 10:06     ` Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-01-28 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Shevchenko
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Mika Westerberg

Hi Andy,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 11:11:32 +0200 Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't reproduce this. Linus already pulled PR for PDx86,
>
> $ git checkout -b test-xxx origin/master
> Branch 'test-xxx' set up to track remote branch 'master' from 'origin'.
> Switched to a new branch 'test-xxx'
> $ git merge for-next
> Already up to date.

Thanks for letting me know.  Sorry about the noise.

--

@ 2020-01-28  9:11   ` Andy Shevchenko
From: Andy Shevchenko @ 2020-01-28  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell