From: Andy Shevchenko <andy.shevchenko@gmail.com>
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz>
Cc: Linux LED Subsystem <linux-leds@vger.kernel.org>,
	Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org>,
	Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>,
	Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>, Pavel Machek <pavel@denx.de>,
	Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: LED subsystem lagging maintenance
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 14:31:43 +0300	[thread overview]

On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 2:17 PM Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:

> > > To be honest, patches were not applied because they were not that
> > > important to begin with,
> >
> > Reference counting disbalance is not critical, but what is then?
>
> Things with end-user impact. What is end-user impact here? How much
> memory is leaked in usual config?

Not sure what "usual" means, but if the user has a device in question,
then it's struct fwnode_handle (7 pointers + u8, unpacked) per each
modprobe. Taking into account that there are usually not so many of
the same LED devices in the system  and the user rarely does
rmmod/insmod cycle, I can say a few dozens of bytes.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko