Ping! Attaching a version of the patch that works with current master; without the fix, oe-init-build-env simply doesn't work with zsh. It really isn't a big patch, so if you need me to correct anything, please don't hesitate to point me to it; I'm totally new to openembedded, so if my contribution doesn't meet OE expectations, I won't object to any criticism :) Best regards, Marcus On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Marcus Müller wrote: > Hello Lee, > > wow, thanks for clearing testing this; actually, to trigger my personal > need for a patch, variant # A was used. > > Cheers, > Marcus > > > On 22.09.2015 22:25, Lee Nipper wrote: > > On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Marcus Müller > wrote: > >> Hello, >> > If I understand correctly it allows a user prepared $TEMPLATECONF >> > directory >> > to be used by oe-setup-builddir. >> Indeed; the point is that oe-setup-builddir was definitely meant to be >> used with a TEMPLATECONF set by the user; in bash, the TEMPLATECONF >> local variable is automatically passed on from oe-init-build-env to >> oe-setup-builddir¹, but in zsh, this doesn't work without explicitely >> declaring that should happen (which is the only thing my patch does). >> >> Best regards, >> Marcus >> >> ¹ not quite sure how; it's a local to the calling script and shouldn't >> be a local or env variable to the callee, IMHO. >> > > > Hello Marcus, > > FWIW, I did some test cases to understand the differences. > > With bash 4.3.11, and the examples below, > cases A and B will pass along TEMPLATECONF, but case C does not. > Your patch makes case C work as well. > > # A: > > TEMPLATECONF=$HOME/my-template-dir source > ~/openembedded-core/oe-init-build-env $HOME/my-build-dir > > # B: > export TEMPLATECONF=$HOME/my-template-dir; source > ~/openembedded-core/oe-init-build-env $HOME/my-build-dir > > # C: > TEMPLATECONF=$HOME/my-template-dir; source > ~/openembedded-core/oe-init-build-env $HOME/my-build-dir > > > And with zsh 5.0.2, case B will pass along TEMPLATECONF, but cases A and C > do not. > Your patch makes cases A and C work as well with zsh. > > I did not expect case A to be different than case C for bash, but it > apparently works differently than I thought. > > Best regards, > Lee > > >