Hi Michael, Thanks for the response. Sorry for the delay. I must have missed the email when I was setting up the filters. I have sent the patch directly to you privately to see if that works. As for ``` git config --global sendemail.from "wltu@google.com" ``` , I think I already have to setup properly ``` $ git config --global sendemail.from Willy Tu ``` I believe the issue is because I created the topic directly with https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-core/post. Instead with git email and it filtered out the email from there for some reason. I should probably just send the email through git instead. I did with the web UI because I wasn't able to get my message show up before. Sorry for the confusion. I'll try with git send-email next time. Best, Willy Tu On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 9:24 AM Michael Opdenacker < michael.opdenacker@bootlin.com> wrote: > Hi Willy > > Thanks for the patch! > > On 10/21/22 15:17, Willy Tu via lists.openembedded.org wrote: > > Install API only if opensshinternals is in DISTRO_FEATURES. > > Install the OpenSSH header + lib files for other repo to build using it. > > For example, https://github.com/google/hiba is dependent on those files > > to build and this change is needed to meet that requirement. > > https://github.com/openembedded/meta-openembedded/pull/597 > > Signed-off-by: Willy Tu > > --- > > meta/recipes-connectivity/openssh/openssh_9.0p1.bb | 11 +++++++++++ > > 1 file changed, 11 insertions(+) > > > There's a problem with the way you send your patches though. I used to > have it too. > > If I apply your patch through "git am", the author of the commit will be: > Willy Tu via lists.openembedded.org google.com@lists.openembedded.org> > instead of > Willy Tu > > Because of this issue, the maintainer has to manually fix this field > when accepting your patch. Worse, if he doesn't catch this, that's > harder to fix afterwards. > > You should be able to fix this by running: > > git config --global sendemail.from "wltu@google.com" > This should add a "From" field to the sent patch which "git am" should > be able to match with your name. > > At least this worked for me. See > > https://www.openembedded.org/wiki/How_to_submit_a_patch_to_OpenEmbedded#Sending_using_git-send-email > > Could you try to send an update? You could send it to me again through > private-email first. > > Thanks in advance > Michael. > > -- > Michael Opdenacker, Bootlin > Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering > https://bootlin.com > >