On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 5:34 PM Markus Armbruster wrote: > Marc-André Lureau writes: > > > Hi > > > > On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 7:08 PM Lukas Straub > wrote: > > > >> The yank feature allows to recover from hanging qemu by "yanking" > >> at various parts. Other qemu systems can register themselves and > >> multiple yank functions. Then all yank functions for selected > >> instances can be called by the 'yank' out-of-band qmp command. > >> Available instances can be queried by a 'query-yank' oob command. > >> > > > > Looking at the changes and API usage, I wonder if it wouldn't have been > > simpler to associate the yank function directly with the YankInstance > > (removing the need for register/unregister functions - tracking the state > > left to the callback). Have you tried that approach? If not, I could > check > > if this idea would work. > > Considering we're at v14... would it make sense to commit the current > approach, then explore the alternative approach on top? > > works for me If yes, is v14 committable as is? > > Acked-by: Marc-André Lureau -- Marc-André Lureau