From: "Damian, Alexandru" <alexandru.damian@intel.com>
To: "Reyna, David" <david.reyna@windriver.com>
Cc: "toaster@yoctoproject.org" <toaster@yoctoproject.org>
Subject: Re: workaround when moving from managed to interactive builds
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:42:27 +0000	[thread overview]

We had to have code for compensation, and that's an unfortunate situation

We're looking at separating the code paths for "managed"  and "interactive"
mode in common pages after 1.8 release, and get rid of the cookies hack in
favor of storing preferences in the user session. This should solve the
problem...

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 6:01 AM, Reyna, David <david.reyna@windriver.com>
wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> FYI, if you should move from managed build to interactive build mode you
> will need to first delete your browser’s cookies for your host’s IP
> address. I encountered this while doing date-range filter code validation
> for both modes.
>
> This is because the “orderby” field name is saved in the cookies, and that
> by default holds the field string “created”, which does not exist in the
> model for the “build” table in the interactive mode, and you get a very
> nasty crash when it tries to look it up.
>
> Alex already has code to compensate for this when going the other way to
> managed mode. I will probably file a defect to track this.
>
> - David

Alex Damian
Yocto Project
SSG / OTC