On 26 April 2016 at 14:08, Alberto Garcia wrote: > On Tue 19 Apr 2016 02:09:24 PM CEST, Pradeep Kiruvale wrote: > > > We are planning to implement the io-limits for the virtio-9p driver > > i.e for fsdev devices. > > So, I am looking into the code base and how it has done for the block > > io devices. > > > > I would like to know how difficult is this and is there some one out > > there who has any plan to do this? > > Hi, > > as Stefan said already, the common API is in throttle.h. > > It should be generic enough to be used in other parts of QEMU, but tell > me if you feel that it needs changes. > > Once you configure the throttling settings you essentially only need to > call throttle_schedule_timer() to see if a request needs to be > throttled, and afterwards throttle_account() to register the I/O that > has been peformed. > > You'll see that there's also throttle-group.c, but that's specific to > the block layer and not meant to be generic. > > > Hi Alberto, Thanks for the reply. I am still in the early phase, I will let you know if any changes are needed for the APIs. We might also have to implement throttle-group.c for 9p devices, if we want to apply throttle for group of devices. I just want some one from virtio-9p side to jump in to the discussion as well. That will help me a lot to understand from virtio-9p perspective. Regards, Pradeep