On Tue, 12 Nov 2019, 05:57 Stefano Stabellini, wrote: > On Wed, 6 Nov 2019, Andrii Anisov wrote: > > From: Andrii Anisov > > > > ARM Compiler 6 has a proven bug: it compiles data only C files with > > SoftVFP attributes. This leads to a failed linkage afterwards with > > an error: > > > > Error: L6242E: Cannot link object built_in.o as its attributes are > incompatible with the image attributes. > > ... A64 clashes with SoftVFP. > > > > The known workaround is introducing some code into the affected file, > > e.g. an empty (non-static) function is enough. > > Oh man, this is truly horrible. > > If we really have to do this please: > > - use the same dummy function name in all files > - the function should be static > - hiding the function within a #ifdef ARMCC block > - potentially hide the whole horrible hack behind a #define so that it > would become at the call site: > > +ARMCC_DUMMY_FUNC_HACK() The risk here is we may introduce new file in the future possibly in common code with similar issues. So I would prefer if we can find an automatic way to do this. Some ideas: - Add the function at compile time (via makefile). This would be done for all the files but that's should not be a major issues. - Force disable softfvp either via command line, new line in the code or rewriting the attribute of the object. But before spending time trying to workaround a buggy compiler. What's the plan with it? Is it going to be used in production or just a demo? Cheers,