* test cases: Depending on other tests
@ 2018-11-16 18:00 Paulo Neves
From: Paulo Neves @ 2018-11-16 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto list discussion

Hello all

I have been working with the test functionality of yocto and have
created some testcases in a single python file.

Now I wanted refactor my code and split some of the cases across
smaller unit tests files. I have 2  functionalities required to
achieve this spliting:

* Be able to import a common piece of code
In the cases directory i created a GTestUtills.py and in my case i
import it. I get a syntax error on the import. Both GTestUtils.py and
my_testcase.py are in the cases directory.

* Be able to depend on tests from other cases
When mycase1.py has a testA which depends on a
mycase2.mycaseTest.testB it gives me an error saying that
mycase2.mycaseTest.testB is not available even though it clearly is.
It is not a typo because no options are available at all in the
failures' suggestion.

Interestingly open embedded testcases are available as well as the
mycase1 tests.

Paulo Neves

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-11-16 18:00 UTC | newest]