* non-existent task do_package_write_ipk
@ 2018-11-09 11:34 Donal Morrissey
From: Donal Morrissey @ 2018-11-09 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi There,
I'm not able to inherit core-image into my recipe, when I do, I get the
following error:
ERROR: Task do_populate_sdk in .../poky/meta/recipes-core/images/
core-image-base.bb rdepends upon non-existent task do_package_write_ipk in
/home/donal/Projects/farkas/source/meta-my-platform/recipes-tools/system-scripts/
system-scripts.bb
ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

The reason I'm inheriting core-image, is so that I can append a command to
the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND variable.

The following are the contents of my bb file:

SUMMARY = "Set of common platform tools."
DESCRIPTION = "..."
AUTHOR = "..."
LICENSE = "CLOSED"

inherit core-image

my_post_process_cmd() {
    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/test
}
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += " my_post_process_cmd;"

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you,
Donal

* Re: non-existent task do_package_write_ipk
@ 2018-11-09 12:12 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-09 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

A recipe that ship files and generates packages can't also inherit
core-image because it can't both be a package and an image.  If you
want this package to run something when it is installed, write a
post-install function (pkg_postinst).

Ross

@ 2018-11-09 14:48   ` Donal Morrissey
From: Donal Morrissey @ 2018-11-09 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ross.burton; +Cc: yocto

Hi Ross,
Thank you for your help. My build is using a layer which is generating a
file in a ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND command. I would like to modify this
file as part of the yocto build, but I'd prefer not to modify/fork this
layer as it is from a vender.

I'm creating my own layer, which will modify the file created in the vender
layer's ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND command. If I use pkg_postinst, then the
file will not have been created when pkg_postinst is called, because (as
far as i understand) the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND commands will only be
executed after all packages have been installed on the root filesystem
image.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Regards,
Donal

@ 2018-11-09 14:53     ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2018-11-09 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 14:48, Donal Morrissey <donal.morrissey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your help. My build is using a layer which is generating a file in a ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND command. I would like to modify this file as part of the yocto build, but I'd prefer not to modify/fork this layer as it is from a vender.
>
> I'm creating my own layer, which will modify the file created in the vender layer's ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND command. If I use pkg_postinst, then the file will not have been created when pkg_postinst is called, because (as far as i understand) the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND commands will only be executed after all packages have been installed on the root filesystem image.

You'll have to set your own ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND in your image recipe.

Ross

* Re: non-existent task do_package_write_ipk
@ 2018-11-09 15:44       ` Donal Morrissey
From: Donal Morrissey @ 2018-11-09 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ross.burton; +Cc: yocto