On 11 August 2015 at 16:46, Khem Raj wrote: > can we freeze this thread please. > Or more usefully, reboot it. Philip, you're turning into Koen! Alex, if someone on this list asks what Poky is, 99% of the time they're trolling. :) The original and unanswered question was "should oe-core continue to maintain GPLv2 recipes where upstream has moved to GPLv3 or should those recipes move to a standalone layer" with various implied questions: - If the v2 recipes move to a separate layer, who own/maintains/tests it? - Should there be v2 recipes for every recipe that has moved to v3, or only (as is now) the "more-core" recipes (currently YP tests that core-image-base builds without GPLv3, nothing else more complicated) - Should meta-gplv2 only contain recipes from oe-core, or all layers? If other layers decide to hold both v3 and v2 recipes (not that I'm aware any have), what makes oe-core special? I'm torn, Richard is torn. Neither of those are useful to forming a decision. Does anyone else have any *useful* feedback? Ross