On 2 December 2014 at 17:02, Mark Hatle wrote: > Personally I think using "${exec_prefix}/libexec" is incorrect. This does > not support a multilib configuration where you may have both a 64-bit and > 32-bit version of the libexec program on the system. (perhaps this isn't a > real problem, but we ran into some conflicts in the past.) > Are any of these conflicts actually a problem? Can you give an example? I know there's been several attempts to "fix" GConf multilib installation which were generally breaking GConf instead of fixing a test case... > So moving to the libdir, ensures that we are unique per multilib.. and the > BPN ensures that we're unique per recipe. > A libexecdir that isn't global is a problem because some packages want to run *other recipes* binaries, and they can't just do $libexecdir/some-binary. Ross