On 9 June 2016 at 22:40, Rajasekaran, Monica < Monica.Rajasekaran@us.fujitsu.com> wrote: > I have openvswitch package installed in my image. But, I do not see a > folder called “openvswitch-2.xx” with all the source code at all! I need > the code to make changes. I see these: > > You installed binary packages, not the sources. If you want to edit and compile openvswitch on the target then just fetch it using git and edit/compile/install using gcc and so on (adding tools-sdk to IMAGE_FEATURES will give you a full toolchain to get this started). Alternatively you can use devtool to edit on your build machine and deploy updated binaries to your target. The Development Manual covers this, http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.1/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#devtool-use-devtool-modify-to-enable-work-on-code-associated-with-an-existing-recipe . Ross