* Should the GStreamer 1.0 _git.bb recipes be removed?
@ 2015-01-27 15:19 Carlos Rafael Giani
From: Carlos Rafael Giani @ 2015-01-27 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-core

Hello,

right now, for each GStreamer 1.0 package, there is a .inc file, a _git
recipe, and a versioned recipe. The _git recipes made sense when
GStreamer 1.0 was first introduced, because this happened during the 1.0
-> 1.2 version change, and 1.2 brought many essential enhancements, so
many people wanted to build the git version. However, these days, I
don't think the git versions are in such high demand. As a result, their
SRCREVs haven't been updated for a very long time.

Since this is pretty much dead, how about removing these recipes?

cheers

* Re: Should the GStreamer 1.0 _git.bb recipes be removed?
@ 2015-01-27 15:29 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2015-01-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Rafael Giani; +Cc: openembedded-core