Resending grub config since that appeared to be mangled by my mail client: On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 1:16 AM Elias Carter wrote: > > I just compiled and installed 5.10 RC 7 and got a message from grub2: > "out of memory, press any key to continue" shortly followed by a > kernel panic (see attached screenshot). > > The 5.4.0-56-generic kernel from Ubuntu works on my machine fine. > > Things I have tried so far: > - setting grub video mode to "console" > - setting grub video resolution to 800x600 > - regenerating the initramfs for 5.10 RC 7 > - verifying that /boot has free space > - changing boot mode from UEFI to legacy BIOS > > I have attached the following: > 1.) dmesg ran from using the 5.4 kernel (since I cant boot into 5.10 RC 7) > 2.) my 5.10 RC 7 kernel .config > 3.) screenshot of kernel panic after "out of memory" grub2 message > 4.) my /etc/default/grub > > Please let me know if you would like any more information or testing of patches. > > Thanks, > Elias