It is an issue because having KASLR enable without panic on oops is not really useful. Same apply to other mitigations that rely on randomness. On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 3:50 AM, zerons wrote: > I wonder if this could be an issue. > > Test on Ubuntu 16.04 with linux kernel 4.4.x, x86_64. > > When a NULL-pointer-deref or a #GP fault > (e.g: access to 0xdead0000-xxxxxxxx) happens in kernel space, > it seems that the kernel would kill the current process, then > output the Oops message or "general protection fault" message. > > So we can get these messages via `dmesg` or reading the /var/log/... > > I think this may be a way to bypass the KASLR, could it be? > -- Thomas